2. Carlson SurvCE – GPS only
3. Carlson SurvCE – Total Station and GPS
Data Collection with Carlson SurvCE
Why not use the best and become a data collection professional using the internationally accepted standard for survey data collection from a Total Station and GPS.
Constantly being upgraded, SurvCE 4.0 includes six new and expanded Roading Routines: Template Grade Tables, Grade Staking, Multiple Centerline Routine, Dynamic Template Ditches, the display and staking of pipes in cross section, and Screen Selection of Sections from Polylines.
In addition, this new release features new stakeout commands for building extensions following alignments observed in the field and for building pad relocation by frontage and side-line offsets. The Advanced Occupation command allows for both resection and backsight averaging using least squares analysis on all types of backsight observation (angle only to towers, angle/distance to prisms, etc.).
Also new are the increased numbers of Instrument Drivers added for Total Stations.
Click here to see Carlson SurvCE V.5 Roads Module – Stake Road & Slope Stake in Cut/Fill in action!
Click here to see Carlson SurvCE V.5 Workflow with ESRI SHP Files in action!
Carlson SurvCE is the first choice in data collection software with advanced, yet easy-to-use functionality:
- Get the software that supports a wide variety of equipment, old or new
- Enjoy excellent, free (and prompt) technical support
- Be heard – Carlson listens to its customers’ input for new features or drivers for all of its products. Ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION Trial today!
Carlson released version 5.0 of SurvCE for data collectors and SurvPC for tablets and laptops in May 2017.
This new version includes many new additions and improvements with a focus on speed and performance. Some of the new features include:
- “One Touch” points feature selection;
- Graphical Stakeout Interface;
- Easy-select target feature;
- New GNSS antenna library;
- Improved memory management
- Edit Centerline
- GPS-Search improvements for motorized Total Stations;
- Extended Point-List
- Add curves and spirals by fitting the existing PIs in the existing Edit Centerline function;
- GNSS Mission Planning supported on all Windows Mobile and PC versions;
- Support for Carlson office geoids in binary format;
- Tilted pole measurement support on select devices allowing adjustment of the final position to account for tilt;
- Powerful grid-scan feature;
- GPS-Search for motorized total stations improved for a more accurate target matching and speed optimization;
- Support for e-level on additional receivers, this including an auto-store by level new feature; and,
- Support for KML export of lines
Easy to use
Tab-Based MENU Structure. All commands are visible in each menu, preventing the need for Up-Down Arrow Keying to view options.
Collect points in the graphics mode. Points plot as they are shot in the field or entered. There is no need to switch between screens to view your points.
Read in LandXML
Supports LandXML points, DTM, graphics, alignments, profiles and sections.
SurvCE Version 4 has a new colorful look. Icons have been standardized to create continuity throughout the product, while modernizing the user experience.
The new Hot List lets users jump to the SurvCE 5.0 routines that previously had shortcuts without having to memorize key strokes. It also provides shortcut functionality to devices without keyboards.
SurvCE 5.0 can compute volumes between two surfaces, one surface and an elevation or simple stockpile volumes. Surfaces can be defined by graphical entities and points or by Carlson TIN files
The software has optional on-board help files. These files are the entire user manual and can be installed separately. Click on the SurvCE icon and select Help to get the help document that pertains to the current routine.
SurvCE 5.0 can be used to collect trigonometric level loops and digital level loops. Loops can be processed and adjusted on the device and all existing project coordinate points can be updated.
The software supports an unlimited number of localization points. All project scale settings and coordinate system options have been centrally located in the localization dialog.
Angle Sets in Store Points
SurvCE 5.0 allows users to “Configure” how each reading is measured with regard to direct and reverse options (Formerly know as SS/Trav). If direct and reverse readings are taken at the backsight, then any direct and reverse foresight will be considered an angle set and will be reduced accordingly. This eliminates the need to use a separate routine for angle sets.
SurvCE 5.0 supports station equations.
- SurvCE 5.0 has the option to use a template DXF file for new jobs so that all layers and colors are automatically created per your company standard.
- It has the option to auto-load cutsheets and control files from the previous job for those users that work on one site continuously.
- SurvCE 5.0 has the ability to turn off the auto-descriptions in stakeout and completely customize how all stakeout routines behave
- Point Number by Interval – SurvCE 5.0 can interval the point ID by using the “Add to Next Pt ID” option. To number all points on the odd numbers, start at 1 and use 2 in this field.
- Load CRD files directly from Desktop to SurvCE and back for simple operation.
SurvCE 5.0 can collect parallel lines using the offset horizontal and offset vertical line drawing commands and close a rectangle by three points using the rectangle command. In the settings section of Special Codes, the user can even auto compute and store the additional points at the line vertices that were created by the software.
SurvCE 5.0 keeps track of every instrument completely separate. This includes all base stations, rovers and total stations, so that mixing equipment is easy. Simply configure your gear once and forget it. The instrument icon has been enhanced to allow you to switch between your current equipment.
Skew Angle Staking
SurvCE 5.0 supports staking offsets on a skew angle and provides the option to stake offset intersections and bisectors at angle points and the radius or PI point of an arc without leaving the Stake Line/Arc routine.
- In addition to English, SurvCE is available in 15 additional languages, rated following.
- Additional partial or non-updated language translations available: Czech, Dutch, Finnish, German, Greek, Italian, Polish
SurvCE 5.0 – so much more to offer!
SurvCE 5.0 allows the user to code in numerous coding styles that may be defined by their office package.
NOTE: To set up GIS templates in Carlson SurvCE go to HOWTO Create and Collect GIS Data using SurvCE