Carlson has announced its new line-up of surveying software for 2014, providing greater functionality for Filipino surveyors.
Carlson Survey 2014 is the first release to include conversions for 12D, ADAC and e-Plan formats. Carlson Survey is designed for use for land surveying. It provides a full tool kit for surveyors including network least squares, surface modelling and subdivision design. Users get the ability to work seamlessly between the office, and the field and they can establish company-wide design styles to speed their work.
Carlson Survey’s 2014 version provides support for AutoCAD 2014 and continues to work on AutoCAD versions 2004 and up. All Carlson 2014 office software comes with IntelliCAD 7.2 built-in, which offers a CAD platform for no extra expense.
“Carlson Survey 2014 delivers on many customer feature requests such as the ability to lock selected points in the coordinate database to prevent modifications, and to unlock them if needed,” says David Carlson, V.P. of Development for Carlson Software. “Also, we’ve added many more ways to work with Google Earth, including support for text, image and solid entities and added settings for transparency of data.”
Another notable, time-saving addition is the clean-up for lot linework that automatically finds any overshoots or undershoots and highlights them, giving surveyors the option to quickly fix them.
“Also, to speed and ease subdivision layout,” adds Carlson, “we’ve added a ‘footprint creator,’ which is a library of different house footprints that allows users to quickly choose and place it within their design.”
Improvements in the new release include:
- Support for 12D, ADAC and e-Plan by import and export functions;
- New pipe special coding in Field-to-Finish that creates pipe polylines with dimension labels and option to draw 3D pipes;
- Field-to-Finish has new special code “PHOTO” for specifying an image to attach to a point symbol;
- Point lists put in by number now can retain their user-specified order in the Point Group Manager;
- The software’s 3D viewer window has also been enhanced to allow for faster zoom, pan and rotate for larger models and to enable view pivot around current view as opposed to just overall model centre;
- New command to find the intersection perpendicular from a point to another point and angle.
Along with Carlson Survey for 2014, Carlson Software is also releasing the 2014 versions of Carlson Civil, Carlson GIS, and Carlson Hydrology, which, together with Survey, make up the Carlson Civil Suite. Carlson’s 2014 release also includes: Carlson Point Cloud, Carlson Field, Carlson Mining, Carlson Construction, and Carlson Natural Regrade, all featuring their own industry-specific improvements.
Carlson is introducing three new modules, Carlson GeoTech, Carlson CADnet, and Carlson Trench, as part of its 2014 release. Each can be purchased separately, or together with Carlson Construction, to make up the Takeoff Suite.
“Knowledge has no value until it is shared”