Suggested Retail Price: CALL
With tools for data capture and linking, data labeling, import/export of SHP files, polygon topology creation and analysis, and more, Carlson GIS is an awesome GIS “Swiss Army Knife” for the surveyor or engineer. See the Carlson GIS Improvement List tab below and be sure to check out our GIS Primer.
The Carlson line of software has 64-bit capabilities, is Windows 10 compatible, and works on AutoCAD® and comes with IntelliCAD 8.2 built in.
Also included are hundreds of enhancements to basic AutoCAD commands. Part of the Carlson Civil Suite, Carlson GIS runs atop of regular AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map, Land Desktop or Civil 3D, as well as legacy versions, plus on IntelliCAD 8.2.
Import GIS Data From SurvCE
- New command to create GIS data links in the drawing from attribute data collected by SurvCE
Export GIS Data To SurvCE
- New command to create SurvCE files for feature code library, GIS feature definitions and GIS attribute data from selected drawing entities with GIS data, Field-to-Finish and GIS definitions
- Added option to create Esri feature coding in DWG for sewer networks, lot files, mining timing and surface mine reserves
Export DWG File with Esri MSC
- Creates DWG with Esri coding for selected features
Define GIS Features
- Redesigned version of Define Template Database
- Added geometry setting per feature including polyline or point type, layer, color, block and linetype
- Added attribute settings for whether attribute is editable in the field and whether to restrict input to list values
- Added new report functions for feature attributes and geometry
- Added method to create selection set of entities that match query
Attach Image To Entity
- Added support for multiple images per entity
- Added filter for linetypes
Plus Carlson GIS 2017 users will have the additional resources:
Point GIS – New system to store GIS data in CRDB coordinate files with ability to use this data in all point based GIS commands.
• Point GIS Editor – New command to import, export, edit and report GIS data for points.
• Topology Area Check – New command to find gaps or overlaps.
• Topology Point Check – New command to report points that are within tolerance of each other.
• Set Text Layer By Text String – New command to set text entity layers to match the text string.
• Web Feature Service (WFS) – Added default service for FEMA and USDA soil maps.