Suggested Retail Price: CALL
Carlson Survey 2017 is here. The versatile and popular surveying software solution works like a surveyor thinks. Highlights in the new release include real-time linkage to SurvCE with the new Carlson Cloud and 3D Viewer upgrades, plus improved core survey commands such as Field-to-Finish and SurvNET.
Carlson Survey’s 2017 version provides support for AutoCAD® 2017 and also works on AutoCAD versions 2007 and up. All Carlson 2017 office software comes with the improved IntelliCAD® 8.2 built-in, which offers a CAD platform for no extra expense.
To learn more about Carlson, call for a fully functional 30-day product evaluation.
The #1 office software solution for surveyors in the United States, Carlson Survey is designed for use for land surveying. It provides a full tool kit for surveyors with everything from network least squares to surface modeling. Users get the ability to work seamlessly between the office and the field and they can establish company-wide design styles to ease and speed their work.
Carlson Survey delivers on customer feature requests with many useful improvements to existing commands along with many new commands. A new command in 2017 allows users to create offset points along an alignment such as for curb stakeout; the ability to save status of toolbars and allow migrating toolbar settings between versions; added new AFIT special code for making a curve tangent through a series of three curve points; and for Legal Descriptions, an added method for reporting with geodetic mean angle and geodetic distances.
The following is a quick list of additional improvements for 2017:
• Legal Description – Added option for decimal degrees and for fraction degrees. For using centerline option, added setting for max offset for reporting station/offset values.
• Enter Deed Description – Added method to enter bearings and distances by selecting text in the drawing. Added method to use TPOB.
• Section Subdivision – Added option to draw lines.
• Cut Sheet – Added function to undo edits. Added method to apply a pipe equation. Added option to report zero elevations. Added method to import points from text file. Added storing of the report formatter settings into the Cut Sheet .cut file. Added option to color labels by tolerance. Added option to draw arrow from design point towards the survey point.
• Polyline Report – Added option to report only the perimeter and area.
• Bearing Entry – Added support for entering bearings in formats like “NE45.1234” and “N45 12 34E”.
• Angle Rotation – Added option to apply rotation defined in Drawing Setup to all bearing and azimuth labels and reports.
• Edit Process Raw File – Improved reporting for GPS measurements to include RMS and other values recorded in the raw notes. Added processing for DZ notes. Added method to output selected notes to the coordinate file.
• Field To Finish – Added function to edit all the code definitions in a spreadsheet. Added method to hatch areas from closed linework. Added option to thaw layers used during drawing. For text attributes, added controls for label order, separate settings for the size of each label and option to group the text entities. Added new special code LABEL to control point attribute format. Added new special code BFIT to make best-fit line between points. For WALL3D special code, added method to set width by second value after code. Automatically creates photo links when image files are stored by SurvCE. For PHOTO special code, added option to create CAD hyperlinks for images. For Offset Both special code, added option for offset amount as full or half offset. For multi-point symbols, added option to set code for automatic, option for rotate only (no scale) and option to create a fourth corner point. Added method to draw text fitted by two or three control points using multi-point symbol with Fit Description option. Added option to apply rotation to labels only and not the symbols. For Rotate To Line, added settings for align by forward or backward tangents or by ends for culvert. For pipe features, added option to label structures. For tree features, added option to label each field on a separate line and option to group tree trunk circle with the symbol. Added new LTW special code to set line width. Added linework method to stop linework when point numbers change in point groups. Added option to label elevation just once for points on linework or rectangle with same elevation. Added method to use a GIS special code to append to the main code for processing. Added method to use point description for GIS attributes by using Fixed Parameter settings. Added method to put point attributes (name, elevation, description) into custom attributes on the point symbol. For labeling descriptions along linework, added setting for start of the increment. Added a linework coding style for having the linework code before the main code. Added function to import Topcon F2F codes and layers from an XML file. Added LandXML style coding that reads point linework from the XML file to determine how to connect the points.
• Label Station Offset – Added option to highlight labels more than specified offset tolerance. Added option to use MLeaders. Added leader style to point to beginning of label. For metric, added cm and mm unit options for offsets. For line from centerline to point, added options to place label along line and to shorten the line.
• Point Groups – Added new Isolate function for point groups. Added more functions to call for point groups including Edit Point Attributes, Renumber, Change Elevations and Set Description. Added method to define group by date range using the data stored in the CRD history. Added method to define group by number of digits from start of point numbers.
• Draw Points – Added option whether to draw point node.
• Draw/Locate Points – Added option to draw only new points.
• Point Symbols – Added set of symbols to Symbol Library that have built-in wipeout to hide linework under the symbols.
• Search For Points – New command to search for a point number or description in CRD and RW5 files in a folder.
• Edit Point Attributes – Added display of images attached to points with ability to add and remove images. Added display of point groups and setting for non-surface status.
• Renumber Points – Added method to create points by sequence along a centerline.
• Edit Points – Added function to delete a range of points or all points.
• Erase Points – Added option to delete the linework associated with the points.
• Freeze Points – Added method to freeze linework associated with the points.
• Local Transformation – Added method to enter translate, rotate and scale parameters, and save/load parameters to file.
• Annotation – Added support for linework reactors to update labels for deflection angle and interior angle labels. Added settings for total distance prefix. Added option for strip trailing zero to leave single zero. For endpoint leaders, added control for length of leader. Added method to use different number of decimals based on size of the number and added option to round distances to the nearest half. Added option to remove extra leading zero on angles in degrees. Added option on distance units to label as Rods or Varas. Added option to label scale factor when using geodetic distances.
• Auto Annotate – Added arc dimension style option that labels the chord angle and length, radius and radial angles along dimension lines for the chord and radials.
• Label Coordinates – Added method to combine coordinate label with lat/lon. Added settings to center justify and to label headers.
• Label Angle – Added option for decimal degrees.
• Line/Curve Tables – Added method to create a combined line/curve table.
• Swing Table – New command to draw a swing table.
• Stack Label Arc – Added option for label header line and method to use C/L symbol.
• Draw Legend – Added option for second description and method to draw the symbol on the right